Hire a Housing Disrepair Solicitor for Your Housing Disrepair Claim

Housing Disrepair Solicitor

As a tenant, you have the right to live in a property that is safe and habitable. If your landlord has failed to repair a problem that has caused harm or inconvenience to you and your family, you may be entitled to claim compensation. Landlords have a legal obligation to keep their properties in good condition and fit for human habitation at all times.

If you are experiencing issues with your rental property, such as a faulty central heating system, leaking roof, or damp, it is essential to report the problem to your landlord or letting agent as soon as possible. If they fail to take appropriate action to resolve the issue, you may need to take legal action to protect your rights.

One option for seeking compensation is to make a claim through the courts. This may involve hiring a solicitor to represent you and presenting evidence to demonstrate the harm or inconvenience caused by the landlord’s failure to repair the problem. In some cases, legal aid may be available to help cover the costs of pursuing a claim.

Legal aid is a government-funded service that provides financial assistance to people who cannot afford to pay for legal representation. To be eligible for legal aid, you must meet certain criteria, such as having a low income or being the victim of domestic violence or abuse. If your case involves a repair issue that poses a risk to your health and safety, you may be more likely to qualify for legal aid.

In addition to seeking compensation through the courts, you may also be able to take other steps to resolve the issue with your landlord. For example, you could report the problem to your local council’s housing department, who may be able to inspect the property and issue an improvement notice to the landlord. Alternatively, you could contact a housing charity or advocacy group for advice on how to resolve the issue.

Overall, if you are experiencing problems with your rental property that your landlord has failed to address, it is essential to take action to protect your rights. Whether through legal action, reporting the issue to a housing authority, or seeking advice from a housing charity, there are steps you can take to hold your landlord accountable and secure the compensation you are entitled to.

Legal Aid

Hire a housing disrepair solicitor Liverpool to help you with your housing disrepair claim case. They will be able to advise you on the best course of action to take and ensure that all aspects of your matter are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.

Legal aid is a government scheme that helps with the cost of bringing court claims. It can help with a wide range of cases including those in which you can show that your home is unsafe or has caused health problems.

It can also help with claims for repairs that have been delayed or not carried out properly. However, you must prove that there has been a serious risk of harm to your health or safety and this will need to be proved by an expert report.

Alternatively, you may choose to pursue your housing disrepair claim without seeking legal aid. This option will allow you to recover damages for the stress, loss and inconvenience you have suffered as a result of the disrepair.

No Win No Fee

If your landlord has failed to carry out repairs that they are responsible for in a timely manner, you may have grounds to make a housing disrepair claim. This will help to ensure that you receive compensation for the problems you have been living with.

The law states that you have to report a disrepair issue to your landlord, but if they fail to carry out the repairs within a reasonable timeframe then you can make a claim for compensation. The amount of money you can claim will depend on the level of damage, how long you have been living with the disrepair and whether it has had a detrimental effect on your health.

A housing disrepair solicitor can run an effective claim on your behalf to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve. This can be done on a no-win no fee basis and will allow you to get the repairs you need for your home.


If you live in a rented property you have a legal duty to keep it in a state of good repair. This includes things like fixing broken windows, doors and locks.

If your landlord fails to meet this legal obligation they are in breach of the law and you may be entitled to compensation. Our housing disrepair solicitors will help you claim the best possible settlement for your particular situation.

You can also make a claim if you’ve experienced mould and damp in your rented property, gas or water leaks or vermin infestations. Whether your case is complex or straightforward our legal experts will take the time to assess your specific situation and provide you with a fair and realistic compensation figure.

To make your housing disrepair claims as simple and hassle free as possible, you should contact a solicitor as soon as possible. They will be able to guide you through the process and give you an estimate of what to expect from the start.


When you live in rented accommodation, it is your landlord’s responsibility to keep it in good condition. If they fail to do so, you can take them to court and make a claim for compensation.

Housing disrepair is the term used to describe a house or flat that has deteriorated in comparison to its condition when you moved in. It can include issues such as damp, mould and electrical faults.

A disrepair claim is often made against private or social landlords who have failed to maintain their properties in a safe and healthy condition. This can cause tenants distress, discomfort and even ill health.

A housing disrepair solicitor is needed to handle these cases. They have specialist knowledge and connections, which they can use to get you more compensation than you would otherwise receive. They can also help you negotiate with your landlord to lower your rent to compensate you for the damage and inconvenience caused by the deterioration of the property.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top