Psyllium is a soluble fibre and is getting popular in the world. It is used as a dietary supplement in capsules, powder and many forms. The use of Psyllium Husk Capsules works for the body and provides many health benefits.
Psyllium or Plantago psyllium L belongs to the family of Plantagináceas, traditionally used on the western slope of the Mediterranean. It has a laxative effect. It is a deciduous herbaceous plant, which has an erect and branched stem, from which the leaves grow, elongated, narrow, opposite or whorled three by three. Each plant or fruits produce 15,000 tiny, gel-coated seeds.
Psyllium is famous because of its fibre properties. It is highly concentrated in the soluble fibre as well as it holds the bulk-forming laxative. The mature seeds of psyllium contain a large number of mucilages, which have the ability to swell when exposed to water, generating a vicious and voluminous gel that enhances the volume and softness of the stool. Because the increase in volume causes an increase in gut movement, it mechanically aids in the evacuation. Furthermore, the mucilage generates a lubricating layer that aids transit and preserves the intestine’s walls. Around 24 hours following treatment, the laxative action kicks in.
Because of their tendency to produce a mucilaginous gel, psyllium seeds should be regarded as intestinal regulators rather than laxatives, as they absorb excess water from the colon in the case of diarrhoea, increasing the viscosity of the stool and slowing gastrointestinal transit.
Another important benefit achieved by psyllium is- It is clinically proven that the use of psyllium decreases the intestinal absorption of sugar and fats in the body. Hence, it is also effective to control the cholesterol level and glucose level in the body.
Do Psyllium Husk Capsules Work?
As said above, in the market, there are many supplements available prepared from the original Psyllium Husk. The Psyllium Capsules are one of them. It is prepared from the original Psyllium extract. The use of capsules is able to deliver the same benefits as the original Psyllium. Well, the use of Psyllium Husk or Seed is not good. The compression of Psyllium Husk Capsules is very ideal for the body. It is always suggested to use regularly to enjoy the Psyllium Husk Benefits. Below, are the number of Psyllium Husk Capsules benefits that you can enjoy-
- Effective in Constipation: Being a source of natural laxative, it is commonly used in the treatment of constipation. It improves digestion, increases the stool bulk and relieves the constipation problem. It is also good to make the stool softer and easy to pass in some serious problems.
- Effective to lower cholesterol: Psyllium husk’s fibre is good to reduce the cholesterol level in the blood and body. It lowers the harmful low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol or bad cholesterol and supports blood flow and heart problems. You need to consume psyllium regularly for positive benefits.
- Effective to reduce glucose and insulin level: The regular use of psyllium husk reduces the lower glucose levels problem and is effective for diabetes. The type 2 diabetes patient also prefers to see it. Psyllium husk decreases the absorption of sugar in the body and supports the insulin level for better body health.
- Good for diarrhoea: Psyllium husk capsules are not only effective for constipation. It is ideal to use in diarrhoea too. The strong water-absorbing properties of the psyllium husk also thicken the stool and slow its passage through the large intestine. You can use psyllium husk capsules in any digestion problem.
- Good in Weight Management: Consumption of psyllium husk fibre shows many effects on the body. It reduces the appetite, thus supporting weight loss and reducing obesity. In addition, it is also helpful to reduce cholesterol, which is also a big problem for the weight gain
Which one is better- Psyllium Husk Powder or Psyllium Capsules?
Psyllium Husk Powder and Psyllium Capsules, both are prepared from the original and natural psyllium, if they belong to a well-known brand. Mong both, the use of Psyllium Capsule is easy. It is easy to use anywhere and anytime with just a glass of water. Where, the use of psyllium husk powder is a bit tricky because you need to mix it in water or prepare it. It is not an easy job to swallow the psyllium husk powder with the water. You need to prepare it like oats to eat it. It is not convenient anywhere and anytime. Well, the choice of type of psyllium husk supplements is totally on you. You can pick any of these you [er your needs.
Another plus point of the psyllium capsule is, it is prepared from psyllium seeds, which make it more powerful for the body. A seed is rich in all nutritional value with natural laxative properties.