Traveling from Delhi to Dehradun Taxi Service is a popular route in Northern India, attracting tourists, business travelers, and locals alike. The distance between these two cities is approximately 250 kilometers, and while there are various modes of transportation available, a taxi service remains one of the most convenient and comfortable options. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the benefits of using a taxi service for this journey, the best taxi service providers, the route, and some noteworthy attractions along the way.
Benefits of Choosing a Taxi Service
- Comfort and Convenience: Traveling by taxi offers unmatched comfort and convenience. You can choose the departure time that suits your schedule, and the taxi will pick you up from your desired location, be it your home, office, or any other convenient spot in Delhi. This eliminates the hassle of reaching a bus station or railway station.
- Door-to-Door Service: Taxi services provide door-to-door transportation, which means you are dropped off at your specific destination in Dehradun. This is especially beneficial if you have heavy luggage or are traveling with family.
- Safety and Reliability: Reputed taxi service providers prioritize safety and reliability. Their drivers are trained professionals who are familiar with the Delhi to Dehradun route, ensuring a secure and comfortable journey.
- Flexible Booking Options: Most taxi services offer flexible booking options. You can choose between one-way or round-trip journeys and various vehicle types, depending on your preferences and requirements.
- Scenic Route: The journey from Delhi to Dehradun by taxi takes you through picturesque landscapes, including the scenic Shivalik Hills. Unlike buses or trains, you can stop at viewpoints along the way to capture the beauty of the region.
Best Taxi Service Providers
- Ola Cabs: Ola is one of India’s leading ride-hailing companies, known for its extensive network and user-friendly app. You can easily book an Ola cab for your Delhi to Dehradun journey. Ola provides options for various vehicle categories, including economy and premium.
- Uber: Uber is another popular ride-hailing service available in Delhi. They offer comfortable rides and competitive pricing. Booking an Uber for your trip to Dehradun is a convenient option.
- Savaari: Savaari is a dedicated outstation taxi service that specializes in intercity travel. They offer a range of vehicle options, including sedans, SUVs, and tempo travelers, making them suitable for different group sizes.
- Meru Cabs: Meru Cabs is a reliable and well-established taxi service provider operating in multiple Indian cities. They offer transparent pricing and a convenient booking process.
- Local Taxi Operators: In addition to the major ride-hailing platforms, you can also consider booking a taxi through local operators in Delhi. While they may not have app-based booking systems, you can find their contact information online or through local directories.
The Route from Delhi to Dehradun
The journey from Delhi to Dehradun offers a mix of urban and scenic landscapes. Here is a brief overview of the route:
- Delhi to Ghaziabad: The journey begins in Delhi, and you will pass through Ghaziabad, a bustling city in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Ghaziabad to Meerut: As you leave Ghaziabad, you will enter Meerut, a historic city known for its cultural heritage and educational institutions.
- Meerut to Muzaffarnagar: The route then takes you to Muzaffarnagar, an agricultural hub of Uttar Pradesh.
- Muzaffarnagar to Roorkee: Roorkee, home to the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), is the next major stop on the journey.
- Roorkee to Haridwar: Continuing on, you will reach Haridwar, one of the holiest cities in India, located on the banks of the Ganges River.
- Haridwar to Dehradun: The final leg of the journey leads to Dehradun, the capital city of Uttarakhand. This part of the trip offers stunning views of the Shivalik Hills and lush green landscapes.
Noteworthy Attractions Along the Way
While traveling from Delhi to Dehradun by taxi, you have the opportunity to explore some interesting places and landmarks en route. Here are a few notable attractions:
- Mansa Devi Temple, Haridwar: Located atop the Shivalik Hills, this temple is dedicated to Goddess Mansa Devi. You can take a cable car ride to reach the temple and enjoy panoramic views of Haridwar.
- Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar: This famous ghat on the banks of the Ganges River is a significant religious site. It is believed that taking a dip in the holy river at Har Ki Pauri washes away sins.
- Roorkee Cantonment: Roorkee is home to the Indian Army’s Bengal Engineer Group and Centre. While you may not have access to the cantonment, you can admire its historical significance from a distance.
- Muzaffarnagar’s Countryside: The drive through the agricultural landscapes of Muzaffarnagar offers a glimpse into rural life in Northern India.
- Meerut’s Historical Sites: If you have some extra time, consider exploring Meerut’s historical sites, including St. John’s Church, Gandhi Bagh, and Suraj Kund.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport: If you are arriving in Delhi via a flight, you might pass by the Indira Gandhi International Airport, one of India’s busiest airports.
Traveling from Delhi to Dehradun by taxi is a convenient and comfortable option for anyone looking to explore the scenic beauty of Uttarakhand. With reliable taxi service providers like Ola, Uber, Savaari, and Meru Cabs, you can book your ride with ease and enjoy a hassle-free journey. Along the way, you can also explore various attractions and cultural sites, making your trip even more memorable. So, whether you are a tourist, a business traveler, or a local resident, consider choosing a taxi service for your next trip from Delhi to Dehradun, and embark on an enjoyable adventure through Northern India’s captivating landscapes.